Website Manager

News Detail


Jul, 2020


Parent, players and coaches of Emmorton.  As you all know, the past four months have been unprecedented in terms of the havoc they have caused everyone, including our rec council.

The Executive Board has worked with a number of different individuals to develop "return to activities" policies and procedures for those programs who were able to resume limited activities.  It has been complicated for a number of different reasons - namely the availability of field space.  So while a handful of our sports and programs have resumed, they have done so very carefully and under the guidelines developed.

Unfortunately, the country and the State of MD have seen an uptick in both positive tests and hospitalizations due to COVID-19 lately.  We are carefully monitoring what is going on and will be making a decision on our fall sports program in the very near future.  In the meantime, we have suspended any further registrations at this time.  Those ERC programs and activities which have resumed, may continue to do so until told otherwise.  We will notify the program chairpersons if there is a change.

Our board has decided to wait and see what happens with fall high school sports in the county before making a final decision.  Whatever the decision the Board of Education makes, Emmorton Rec will follow.  The health and safety of everyone involved in our programs is our number one concern and will be what guides us.

For those programs which are still playing or having sessions, it is paramount that you continue to adhere to the guidelines we have shared with you.  It is the responsibility of the coach or instructor to make sure EVERYONE is adhering to the guidelines including social distancing of the players and parents.     

Thank you and stay tuned

Glenn E Peacher, President ERC

Copyright © 2021 Emmorton Recreation  |  Privacy Policy |  Terms of Use  |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In